Monday, May 3, 2010

El Sur here I come!

5/3--Quick updates. Being back in Santo Domingo with scrambled eggs and fruit and an actual host family is awesome. The lack of breeze--not so much. : )

So we found out our sites today. I'm in the South, although the northern most part of the South. From what I've gathered, I'm in a rural farming community (which is pretty much what I asked for) of about 4,000 (my host-dad is a farmer) and my town is directly south of Pico Duarte. There isn't much tourist-wise to see or do there, but as the South is the poorest section of the country, I'm excited. I feel like I can do a lot more here. There community center (which is where I'll be working) is the only place with computers in the town. I'll know more when I visit there tomorrow!! Then back to Santo Domingo for swearing in.

Also got our cell phones today. Exciting 2 weeks coming up. And then an exciting 2 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment