Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Quiero una americana. Pa' que? Pa' manga mi visa!"

Let me apologize to those who actually look forward to reading this thing for not having posted in almost 2 months. Things have been surprisingly busy and the Internet predictably slow. Besides, now that I have gone back to eating pbjs every day, I have nothing exotic to share with the world. In a short sum of things, I finished my first round of English classes--success!--and I start a new round on Tuesday. I'm also preparing an intensive Photoshop course so I can certify my two comp teachers here in the community center. Tambien, I'm starting to gather some jovenes to make a club de informatica/community service, and I'm trying to help the solo soccer team in town get some uniformes (insert desperate plea for help here). Plus, in very exciting news, I had my first visitor! G came to visit and we did lots of fun stuff--like go into San Juan, visit Chloe (another volunteer), see the zona colonial in the capital, and go to the beeeach! He also, of course, played some futbol with the muchachos here and experienced fritos (fried green plantains). I have another visitor showing up tomorrow--Andrea from SAS, and my house is rather messy (let's just say my bathroom mine as well be outside--I'm pretty sure it's grosser than a latrine right now). So, in other words, I have not much time to write you well-intentioned Americans who are nice enough to skim this boldly artistic venture of mine. In the meantime, enjoy the above song lyrics (the ones in the title of this post, duh)--lord knows I do every freaking day of my blessed life here. Nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment