Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Y mi casa...



So out of the blue on Saturday, while lounging at another volunteer's site in Juan de Herrera, I received a phone call from my project partner telling me to "ven aca" ASAP. Turns out, after some conversation, I snagged a 4-bedroom, fully furnished house to live in!! They are even, as I write, putting in an inversor (a generator) they had lying around, so I will most likely have 24-hour luz (electricity). They left me everything from the full-size fridge to the lavadora (vaguely like a washing machine, vaguely not) to the glasses. There is a little shaded front porch and a little private space in the back to hang. It even has my metal roof so I can listen to the sounds of the rain falling. The only condition is that these people live in la capital and they want to be able to return and use the other bedrooms during Easter weekend and Christmas. I told them I would try and cook for them, but I couldn't promise anything (grilled cheese, anyone?). So around August 13th, I'm going to move into my very own place and people can start coming to visitarme!! Yayyyy! Peanut butter sandwiches on whole wheat bread all day every day. Aaaah, the life.

1 comment:

  1. How very nice Miss Brown! I have been enjoying your adventures, keep them coming! Miss your face KT!!--SK

    ReplyDelete