Monday, June 7, 2010

"Pero tu quieres cocinar?!"

This morning I convinced Mama Yudelka to let me cook a grilled cheese on the estufa. Que bueno! She doesn`t actually own a pan (only pots) or a spatula, but all in all it came out delicious on my recently purchased whole wheat bread. The bread was bought when I went into San Juan on Saturday. I found a larger supermercado, a park to sit and enjoy my yogurt, and a very nice old doctor who took me on a historical tour of the entiiiire city. I even got a free Dominican lunch out of the deal (we stopped by his friend´s house at just the right time). Spent the afternoon at a rio, which wasn´t much of a rio since they are building a hydroelectric dam up a ways from where we were (and at the time, it was shut tight). Sunday, I went to the hometown of Mama Yudelka and played dominoes all...day...long. This 6-yr-old kicked my butt for half the afternoon. Intense domino player. If they have a World Dominoes Tour, I´d keep an eye out for this kid. Time to go eat lunch (pollo and platanos fritos, I believe, and of course a mango smoothie). Adios!

PS, was able to send my dearest brother a few photographs so hopefully he´ll upload them here soon! Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment