Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Made it!!

Made it to the DR. Have Internet at the training center but not much free time to use it. Loooove my host family. Two sisters--one 15, one 6. Realizing I'm awful at Spanish (they speak so fast!) but getting better every day. Exhausting but awesome. No running water, so I take bucket baths every morning. Very cold but efficient. I do jumping jacks beforehand to get ready. Not too much electricity but it never fails to come on for the evening tv. The colmado (general store that turns into a bar at night) plays extremely loud music from up the street 24/7 en mi barrio. I go to sleep to the sweet sounds of reggaetone. Found chocolate milk yesterday!!! Going into the center of the city (Santo Domingo)tomorrow to find the Peace Corps office. Fellow volunteers are awesome. Lucky to have great vecinos (neighbors) in my barrio (neighborhood). So much to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment